Tasty Pooh Recipes
In late 2008, Just Pooh ran an exciting competition for its fans. To enter the competition, you just needed to submit a Pooh-inspired recipe.
We received so many wonderful entries and it was very difficult to pick a winner. After much deliberation, we decided that the prize should go to Elaine Conte with her recipe for a Pooh's Scrummy Honey Cake. Elaine will win the fantastic prize of receiving the Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh, by A.A. Milne (worth $26). Special congratulations to Elaine and a huge thank you to everyone else that took part!
Please enjoy these delicious recipes submitted by fellow Winnie the Pooh fans. It is very important that you ask an adult to help you with making these recipes!
Pooh Sandwich by Ling Chai WeeIngredients:
- 2 bread slices
- Creamy peanut butter
- Mini marshmallows
- Tools you'll need:
- Butter knife
- Spread each slice of bread with a thin layer of peanut butter.
- Sprinkle some mini marshmallows onto the peanut-buttered slices.
- Put the two slices together, and enjoy.
Winnie the Pooh's Healthy Frozen Honey Pops by Natashya KlassenYou will need a popsicle stick and adjust the quantities depending on how large the sticks are and how many you would like to make. Method:
- In bottom of forms, sprinkle 1/4 inch of granola.
- Follow with a spiral squirt of liquid honey.
- Fill the rest of the popsicle stick with vanilla (or honey vanilla) yogurt and freeze overnight.
- When hungry, run hot water over the bottoms of the popsicle stick to help release the Honey Pops.
Honey Rolls by Sarah LawyerIngredients:
- A few slices of bread,
- runny honey.
- Cut off the crusts from the bread.
- Spread the bread with some honey.
- Roll up each slice, to make a tube.
- Cut up each roll if you like, to make little honey slices.
- Eat and enjoy!
Jacobean Potato Salad by Drithi ChopraIngredients:
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1cup chopped onions
- 1cup whipped curd
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon
- salt to taste
- Take a bowl.
- Put chopped onions in it.
- Then add boiled potatoes to it.
- Then add vinegar .
- Then mix it well.
- Now add curd and salt to it.
- Add mayonnaise.
- In the end, add the coriander.
- Add lemon if you want.
- Your salad is ready to eat.
- Serve it chill.
Winnie the Pooh Caramel Stick (with a fun surprise!) by Ryan CarrWhat you'll need:
- 1 Popsicle stick
- 5' tall Rectangle pan
- Winnie the Pooh Candy Face
- Cooking Foam (Round)
- Get out the baking pan and dump 1/2 pan of caramel.
- Put the cooking foam in the caramel near the tall end of the pan.
- Dump the caramel into the pan until 2/3 full and bake until hard, at an appropriate temperature.
- When done baking, remove the caramel pop from the pan and remove the cooking foam.
- Cover whole pop with chocolate and even the hole made by the cooking foam.
- Put the Winnie the Pooh candy on top of one side, so it sticks when done baking.
- Bake again to harden.
- Place the popsicle stick on the bottom and enjoy!
Pooh Snack (For those Honeylicious movies) by Ros MaizuraYou will need:
- Already-baked muffins
- Flat saucer
- Apple (cut into bits)
- Spread honey on your muffins and serve.
- Blend the apple bits and honey in a blender. (Do not fill up cup yet!)
- Fill up the saucer with sugar.
- Moist the edge of the cup then stick the cup to the saucer.
- Serve (Good for movie festivals)
Honey Crunch by Filipa FrazierIngredients:
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 6 tsb butter
- 2 tsb honey
- 0.5 cup coconut
- 0.5 cup chopped nuts
- 4 cups rice bubbles
- Place sugar, butter, and honey in a saucepan.
- Heat gently, stirring until mixture boils.
- Allow to boil for 3 minutes.
- Mix coconut, rice bubbles, and nuts together in a bowl.
- Pour butter mixture over ingredients in bowl, and mix well.
- Press into a greased slab tin and press down well.
- Allow to set. Cut into fingers.
Pooh's Favorite Cookies by Christine BennettIngredients:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and honey, beat well.
- Add flour and baking soda, mix well.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips, mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool one minute on cookie sheet, remove to wire rack.
- Yields about 3 dozen.
Birthday Cup-Cups by Nikol BowmanI made cup cups for my daughters birthday yesterday.
- I used a Yellow cake mix to make the cup cakes, and added honey flavoring.
- Then I iced the cup cakes with yellow frosting (to make it look like a "hunny" pot).
- Then used one black jelly bean and added white strip and wings to make it look like a bee.
Tasty-Pooh Inspired Sweet Sauce by Crystal SimmonsIngredients:
- juice of one lemon
- 32oz. container
- 2-4 Tbs honey
Pooh's Scrummy Honey Cake by Elaine ConteIngredients:
- 250g honey plus 2 tbsp for Pooh's glaze
- 225g unsalted butter
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 300g self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 320F.
- Butter and line an 8" loose bottomed cake tin.
- Cut the butter into pieces and put into pan with honey & sugar.
- Melt slowly over low heat.
- When mixture looks liquid increase heat and boil for 1 minute.
- Leave to cool for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Beat the eggs into the melted honey mixture.
- Sift the flour in a large bowl and pour in the egg and honey mixture beating until you have a smooth, runny batter.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 50 mins - 1 hour.
- A skewer pushed into the center should come out clean.
- Turn the cake onto a wire rack.
- Warm 2 tbsp honey in a small pan and brush over top of cake for sticky glaze.
Pooh Bear Sundaes by Thomas GibsonIngredients:
- Any flavor ice cream
- M&M's or small candies
- Vanilla wafers or Oreo's
- Chocolate sprinkles or toasted coconut
- Ice cream scoop
- Place a scoop of ice cream on a plate for the head.
- Use candies for eyes and mouth.
- For the ears, push cookies into the ice cream.
- Sprinkle a little coconut or chocolate sprinkles on top for hair.
Happy Honey Chicken by Leah MilneIngredients:
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 bottle French or Catalina dressing
- 1 envelope/packet dry onion soup mix (I prefer Lipton Recipe Secrets Golden Onion)
- 4 oz. apricot preserves
- 1.5 pounds chicken
- Mix all ingredients.
- Either cook in crock pot on low for at least 6 hours, or heat oven to 350 and cook until juices run clear.
Honey Peanut Butter Sandwich by Patricia Hill
- Take 2 slices of Raisin Bread.
- Spread one slice with Honey.
- Spread the other slice with peanut butter.
- Sandwich together and enjoy.
Oh Bother Late Night Snack by Tammy GharbiIngredients:
- 1 English Muffin, split
- 1 T. butter
- 1 large palmful of honey
- Toast the English muffin.
- While hot, spread with butter on both sides.
- When the butter is melted and tummy starts to rumble, add honey and put the pieces together.
- A glass of milk makes for sweet dreams!
Honey Cake by Tristan CoxIngredients:
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup hot water
- Mix coffee in hot water, and then cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the yolks with the sugar until creamy.
- Add the oil and then the honey, beating after each addition
- Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Sift and then measure 3 cups of flour.
- Combine with salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
- Add these dry ingredients alternately with the coffee to the honey mixture, stirring only until blended. Do not over mix.
- Whip egg whites until stiff.
- Fold in three additions into the batter.
- Pour into 2 greased 8 inch square pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of cake comes out clean.
- Pour some honey on top for a very sweet glaze.
Great Grandma's Banana Bread RecipeIngredients:
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 1/2 mashed bananas (over ripe bananas work best)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Cream sugar and margarine together.
- Add eggs, vanilla and sour milk and mix until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix flour and Baking soda.
- Add chopped nuts if using them.
- Add flour mix to butter, margarine, egg and milk mix.
- Add mashed bananas. Stir till just mixed.
- Bake at 350 degrees F in greased loaf pan for about 45 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- For muffins, bake for about 20-25 minutes.