12 Quotes that take you back to Just PoohJanuary 5, 2009
Did you know that Winnie the Pooh has his own day, yup, every year 18th January is celebrated as the national Winnie the Pooh Day! A.A. Milne, the creator of Winnie the Pooh and his adventures has his birthday on this date and to honor him, this day is celebrated as Winnie the Pooh Day. We have 12 Winnie the Pooh quotes to celebrate this wonderful day.
- 1. "Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday."
- 2. "A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise."
- 3. "If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you."
- 4. "I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."
- 5. "If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you."
- 6. "Some people care too much, I think it's called love."
- 7. "You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."
- 8. "It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "How about lunch?"
- 9. "When late morning rolls around and you're feeling a bit out of sorts, don't worry; you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish."
- 10. "Before beginning a hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it."
- 11. "If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
- 12. "When having a smackerel of something with a friend, don't eat so much that you get stuck in the doorway trying to get out."
Ever since A.A. Milne's stories & poems were first published in 1926 different generations children have fallen in love with Pooh and his friends.